SORACOM Canal Method of Use and Pricing
Method of Use
To use SORACOM Canal (referred to as Canal below), there is no need for you to make a special application. You can use the user console or API to configure it. In order to start using it, you need to follow the broad steps below:
- Create a VPC using your AWS account.
- Create a Virtual Private Gateway (VPG) using the SORACOM user console.
- Add a VPC peer connection to the newly created VPG.
- Assign a group to the newly created VPG.
Canal's fees are comprised of three elements: a setup fee, a basic fee, and a SORACOM Air VPG usage option.
VPG setup fee: 9.8 USD each time (excl. tax)
VPG usage fee: 0.5 USD per hour (excl. tax)
VPC peer connection usage fee: 0.1 USD per hour per peer connection (excl. tax)
SORACOM Air VPG Usage Option
Number of SIMs that belong to the Air SIM group assigned to the VPG: 0.05 USD per SIM card per day (excl. tax)
We accept credit cards, as well as invoice-based payments for corporate customers.
Please be aware of the following points when using Canal.
- VPG, VPC peer connection fee will be charged according to uptime. You can not suspend billing for existing VPG or VPC peer connections. If you want to stop charging, please delete VPG, VPC peer connection.
- Even if the SIM card registered in the Air SIM group assigned to VPG is offline, SORACOM Air VPG usage option fee will be charged.